PCDA is a non-profit multidisciplinary agency that provides a range of services for children, from birth to 21 years of age with autism and other developmental disabilities, using the DIRFloortime™ developmental play-based approach.
Child Development Interventionists
A child development interventionist supports a child through play-based intervention in programs in the clinic and in the home and community settings. Position is part time (25 hours/week) to start, with the potential of building to full time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or related field (i.e. Developmental Psychology, Sociology or Human Development)
- Paid experience working with children
- CA driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid
- Starting rate is $16.50/hour
- Mileage reimbursement and phone stipend
- Ongoing training
- Medical benefits start at 30 hours/week
- Additional compensation for second language, Master’s degree, and/or over 7 years of experience
PCDA supports on-going professional development for our staff through:
- Two week intensive training for new staff.
- Two-year curriculum of bi-weekly presentations covering a full range of topics.
- Once a month DIR® themed presentation
- Once a month Special topics or guest speakers
- Educational Stipend for Clinical specialists
- Scholarships for some staff to attend continuing education programs.
- Flexible scheduling to allow staff to pursue higher education degree programs.
- Most important, PCDA has an atmosphere of team learning, wherein there is an enthusiasm for learning and sharing of interdisciplinary expertise on a daily basis.
PCDA supports student learning through:
- Hosting graduate students or interns in Occupational Therapy, Music Therapy, and Speech and Language therapy
- High school students may volunteer to assist in groups or summer programs