Click here for a sample curriculum.
PCDA is accredited to provide Continuing Education credits for:
- Occupational Therapists through AOTA
- Occupational Therapists working towards Advanced Practice in Swallowing Assessment, Evaluation or Intervention through CBOT
- Speech and Language Pathologists through ASHA
- Music Therapists through CBMT
- Registered Dietitians through CDR
- MFTs and LCSWs through the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Registered Nurses through CBRN
- Psychologists through the American Psychological Association
Training programs are offered in the following formats:
- 1-3 day Conferences presented by PCDA
- Conferences presented by PCDA staff, sponsored or hosted by another agency
- 2-4 hour Workshops presented by PCDA
- PCDA staff as speakers at other conferences, meetings or events
- On-going training series presented by PCDA under contract for other agencies
- On-going consultation by PCDA staff for school districts or agencies
PCDA embraces its mission of education and training as a fundamental component of our efforts. We welcome opportunities to provide training, and welcome your support in these efforts.
If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The Conference Director will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual. If the grievance concerns a workshop offering, its content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the Conference Director will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the Conference Director will:
- attempt to move the participant to another workshop or
- provide a credit for a subsequent year’s workshop or
- provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee.
Actions 3b and 3c will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.If the grievance concerns CAMFT’s CE program, in a specific regard, the Conference Director will attempt to arbitrate.