Online DIRFloortime® Resources
The Floortime Repository (www.floortimerepository.com) is a great resource for parents and professionals to connect with others locally and internationally and learn more about DIRFloortime®.
The Floortime Coalition of California
(www.dirfloortimecoc.com) is for parents and professionals who use a DIRFloortime® approach. It will provide information and be a hub for outreach and fundraising efforts.
- Danny’s Farm
- Sensory Friendly Films
AMC Entertainment (AMC) and the Autism Society of America have teamed up to bring families affected by autism and other disabilities a special opportunity to enjoy their favorite films in a safe and accepting environment on a monthly basis with the “Sensory Friendly Films” program.
Frank D. Lanterman Regional Center
Phone: (213) 383-1300
Fax: (213) 383-6526
3303 Wilshire Boulevard #700
Los Angeles, CA 90010-1710
Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center
Phone: (626) 299-4700
Fax (626) 281-1163
1000 S. Freemont Ave.
Alhambra, CA 91802
North Los Angeles County Regional Center
Phone: (818) 778-1900
Fax: (818) 756-6140
15400 Sherman Way #300
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Eastern Los Angeles Regional Center – Whittier
Phone: (562) 698-0146
Fax (562) 693-0158
13215 Penn St. #410
Whittier, CA 90602
San Gabriel/Pomona Valley Regional Center
Phone: (909) 620-7722
Fax: (909) 622-5123
761 Corporate Center Dr.
Pomona, CA 91768
Harbor Regional Center
Phone: (310) 540-1711
21231 Hawthorne Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503
South Central Los Angeles Regional Center
Phone: (213) 744-7000
650 W Adams Blvd #200
Los Angeles, CA 90007
- Complaints to the Department of Developmental Services (916) 654-1987
- Appeals Process for Regional Center Services
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- American Physical Therapy Association
- CA Senate Select Committee on Autism, Task force
- Department of Developmental Services
- Disabilities Rights California (formerly Protection and Advocacy)
Legislative/Public Policy Platform for 2014
- East Los Angeles Regional Center
English 626.299.4830 or 626.299.4830
Spanish 626.299.4831 or 626.299.4831
Chinese 626.299.4832 or 626.299.4832
- Los Angeles County Specific Needs Disaster Voluntary Registry
- Office of Administrative Hearings
- Office of Clients’ Rights Advocacy
Matt Pope (ELARC) 626-576-4437
- Wells Fargo: Special Needs Trust Services
Spanish Language Links:
- Hoja informativa sobre los trastornos del espectro autista (TEA)
- Autismo – Un servicio de la Biblioteca Nacional de Medicina de EE.UU y los Institutos Nacionales de la Salud
- Instituto Nacional de Salud Infantil y Desarrollo Humano (NICHD)
- Autismo – National Institute of Neuroligical Disorders and Stroke
- Centros para el Control y la Prevenciόn de Enfermedades
- Affect Autism
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Music Therapy Association
- American Speech-Language Hearing Association
The ASHA website provides information for families regarding typical speech and language development, learning more than one language, questions regarding feeding and swallowing, and when to seek speech and language evaluation for their child.
- Autism Society of America
- Autism Speaks
Extensive critical science section; Merged with National Alliance for Autism Research (NAAR) Coalition for Research and Education (ACRE), and Cure Autism Now
- California State Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
Well organized, lots of information for parents and professionals, lots of links, distinguishes mainstream from CAM, link to book Educating Children with Autism
- Cerebral Palsy Guide
- Circle Stretch
- Complex Child
- Dads and Disability Advocacy, We, as fathers of children with special needs, share an uncommon experience – one not easily shared with family or friends. As a support network since 1984, DADA serves to acknowledge and nurture the experiences we share as fathers. We invite you to join our monthly meetings as we move forward in connecting dads with other dads.
- Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles
- Foothill Autism Alliance
- For Siblings
A useful website for information about a wide variety of mental, emotional, and relationship issues.
- Interacting with Autism, an interactive, video-based website
- Interdisciplinary Council on Developmental and Learning Disorders
- International Society for Autism Research
All archives available
- Kids Attuned
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
This website is a great resource for information about early intervention and special education.
- National Institutes of Health
Includes resources in Spanish, particularly good for information about research
- National Institutes of Mental Health
Detailed information with references including medications, lifespan
- Online Asperger Syndrome Information and Support (O.A.S.I.S.)
- Organization for Autism Research
The Guide for Military Families, listed under resources, is particularly good, even if you are not in the military.
- The Autism Self Advocacy Network has created this guide to insurance coverage for autism treatments. It provides a wealth of information about this complex issue.
- The Greenspan Floortime Approach
- The Hanen Center
The mission of the Hanen Center is to provide the important people in a young child’s life with the knowledge and training they need to help the child develop the best possible language, social, and literacy skills. The website provides information for parents, SLPs, family support professionals and healthcare professionals.
- The Visible Parent